New from HB Racing is the D817 1/8 scale nitro buggy. Fresh off the win at the 2016 IFMAR World Championships in Las Vegas with David Ronnefalk at the wheel, the D817 has proven it's a winner. That's back-to-back World titles for the D815 and D817 in the most competitive class in RC racing. The new D817 adds key features based on extensive testing and racing by our HB Team Drivers and designers.
The foundation for the D817 starts with a 7075 aircraft aluminum chassis that adds 4mm of length to the rear of the car which allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially on high-speed corners. The new chassis is now symmetrical for better balance and more consistent jumping and cornering. And it's strategically machined to decrease weight and balance the flex characteristics.
A one-piece CNC engine mount holds the engine in place on the 7075 alloy chassis. A complete competition 3-shoe clutch is included, along with sintered brake pads and double ground brake discs for fade free braking and consistent brake feel. Fully adjustable brake/throttle linkage is standard, as well as a racing fuel tank with stone clunk, and a lightweight foam air filter. A convenient covered electronics box allows easy removal for cleaning and maintenance, and easy access to servos.
Reliability has always been a trademark of the winning cars from HB Racing, and the D817 continues that tradition. Its race-proven 4WD system uses high strength steel center drive shafts, tough sintered diff gears, precision machined steel input gears and spur gear, and machined aluminum wheel hubs. New for the D817 are steel Universal Joints that our Team Drivers favor for improved performance on bumpy tracks.
NB- Non è compreso motore impianto radio
Pro-Line Predator Clear Body
Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan Wing
Covered Radio Box
Heavy Duty Steering
Front & Rear Aluminum Shock Towers
Fully Adjustable Aluminum Front Hubs
Hard Anodized Aluminum Shocks
Revised Rear Upright Geometry
HB Racing Monocoque Suspension Arms
- Long wheelbase 7075 aluminum chassis
- Fine adjustment aluminum D-Mount
- Revised rear upright geometry
- Universal drive shafts
- Universal & CVA compatibility
- 43/13 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- Covered radio box
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks
- Aluminum steering blocks
- Carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Hard anodized aluminum shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Split center bulkhead
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan rear wing
- Pro-Line Predator clear buggy body
Notes from the D817 designer, Torrance Deguzman:
- The team drivers gravitated toward the optional long chassis for the D815, which gives the car more stability. The long chassis is now standard on the D817.
- The chassis outer shape has been revised, it is now symmetrical left-to-right.
- The steel rear skid plate has been removed for lighter weight.
- A revised D-Mount works in conjunction with the new chassis, and has added material at the bottom for longer wear.
- 3.0º toe-in is the standard D-mount in the kit, and optional D-mounts now come in finer 0.25º increments (2.75º, 3.00º, 3.25º, 3.50º).
- The rear hub geometry has evolved to allow a lower axle height and the camber link location hole pattern to be shifted higher and allows for a longer rear link. The settings that worked on the D815 car can still be replicated but we've removed the unused settings and added new ones. This rear hub is the same standard hub that comes on the E817.
- The D817 is equipped with universal drive shafts for improved bumpy track performance and for ease of maintenance. The CVA shafts from the D815 are still compatible with the D817.
- New body mounts that are made of tougher material are included. (Same as the E817)
- Virtually all of the tuning parts available for the D815 are still compatible with the D817.